Qualiten Insight publishes latest news, analysis, announcements, interviews, quizzes, multimedia and other science and medicine reports from worldwide contributors (including Qualiten staff). To contribute articles and stay updated please subscribe for updates.
Animal World: From crash-landing on Moon to the gut of termites
Animal Science is continuously evolving and new discoveries are made every day. Enter into the fascinating world of animals – PLAY and SHARE this crossword with your peers!
Series: Animal Quizzes
Helpful tip: Refresh the page if the crossword does not fit in the window. Or use the scroll bar at the bottom to view full crossword.
1. Micro animals that crash-landed on moon surface with Israeli lunar lander Beresheet (April 11, 2019)
2. Reptilian living fossil endemic to New Zealand
3. Insect with unique intracellular nested symbiotic arrangement with two bacteria (Moranella living inside Tremblaya and together both bacteria living in insect cells)
4. Silk-spinning organ of a spider
5. Biliverdin-binding protein responsible for green color of frogs
6. Genus of nematode demonstrating sacrifice-type adaptive death of adults for the benefit of its colony and younger progeny
7. Symbiotic virus incorporated in the genome of parasitic wasps
8. First animal to orbit moon and return safely to Earth aboard soviet ZOND 5 spacecraft (1968)
9. Marine predator possessing one of the most complex eyes known in animal kingdom, with 12 or more types of color photoreceptors (humans generally have only 3)
10. Cellulose-digesting unicellular symbiont residing in gut of termites
Copyright © 2021 Qualiten Press
Cite this Content: Bhure P, Hussain A, Soni BL, Kumar A. Animal world: from crash-landing on Moon to the gut of termites. Qualiten Insight. 2021; ID:09005000002
Discoveries from Basic to Beyond
Key Areas of Expertise:
Open Access Publishing
Research & Development
Qualiten Press serves science and healthcare by publishing peer-reviewed scholarly journals, increasing accessibility, creating easy-to-understand scientific content, continuing innovation, patient advocacy, and promoting collaboration.
Our platforms include Qualiten Journals, Qualiten Insight, Qualiten Care, Rare Is Special