ARTICLE PROCESSING CHARGES (APC)
Qualiten Press manages article quality check, external peer review, tracking, production and publication processes from submission to publication. Additional post publication services are provided to author to enhance reach & impact of the content.
ALL INFORMATION ON COST, SERVICES & BENEFITS TO AUTHORS
Browse categories to check details
OVERALL WORK & EXPENSES INCURRING TO QUALITEN PRESS
Cost borne by Qualiten Press
Qualiten Press believes in publishing novel and rigorously peer-reviewed content of significant impact, which is accessible to readers without any paywall. Meanwhile, development, maintenance and sustainability of good quality journals is a complex, demanding and expensive undertaking.
Qualiten Press expenses occur in multitude of work areas such as:
Journal Content Management
- Development & maintenance of journal issues & collections
- Archiving, Indexing, DOI, SEO & continuous innovation
Editorial Board & Reviewer Maintenance
- Identification, development & maintenance of editorial board and reviewers
- Provision of resources and rewards for their volunteer peer review
Peer Review Management & Resources
- Initial quality evaluation including sophisticated plagiarism checks
- Coordination & management of effective peer review process
Article Production & Promotions
- Copyediting, typesetting, data processing, & publication
- Promotion of articles through blogs, press releases, social media channels, etc.
Software Development & Maintenance
- Journals’ website maintenance & improvements
- Software & applications to assist authors, editors, reviewers and readers
Other Critical Business Expenses
- Communication systems & customer care
- Quality human resources
- Office, infrastructure, accounting, legal services, etc.
- Licenses, fees & taxes
- Social responsibilities
- Many others
WHAT IS APC?
Publishing service fee
Article Publishing Charge (APC) is publication service fee, which is generally paid on behalf of author (by author’s institute, library, funding agency, etc.) or by author themselves, only upon successful acceptance of their article for publication by handling editor (Journal’s editorial board member).
All articles (except for editorial and commentary) pass through full peer review process, where novelty, impact, soundness of research method, and ethical considerations are evaluated by independent subject matter experts (peer-reviewers and handling editors). Based on reviewers’ comments and authors’ revision, handling editors make final decision on acceptance or rejection of articles. All articles which are rejected after peer review are returned to authors along with peer-review summary that authors can use to improve their work. No service fee is charged to the Authors for rejected articles. APC is charged only for accepted articles. Accepted articles undergo production and open access publication in specified Qualiten Journals.
SERVICES & BENEFITS PROVIDED TO AUTHORS
Multiple benefits from our infrastructure, processes and services
Authors play central role in producing a high-quality scholarly work for public benefit. Qualiten Press has publishing infrastructure and quality service that provides multiple benefits to our authors.
Services and Benefit for Authors are as following:
Initial Evaluation of Article & Plagiarism Check
- Submission evaluation to check completeness of submission & suitability to journal
- Plagiarism check
- Author communication & updates
Editorial & Peer Review Process Management
- Identification & enrollment of subject expert handling editors & reviewers
- Management of full peer review involving handling editors, reviewers & authors
Professional Editing, Production & Publication
- Copyediting, typesetting, image & data processing
- Professional Full Text HTML & PDF of manuscript
- Professional compilation of images, data & peer-review summary (MS PowerPoint, Excel, PDF)
Customer Care & Manuscript Tracking
- Dedicated Qualiten staff for your manuscript
- Customer care service
- Invoicing & accounting services for authors’ payment security
Open Access & Author(s) Hold Copyrights
- Open access publication & author holds copyright
- Increased impact & accessibility of your article
DOI, SEO & Article Level Metrics Tracking
- All articles receive Digital Object Identifier (DOI) for easy citation
- Article specific search engine optimization (SEO) & metrics
Long-Term Archiving & Indexing
- Long-term archiving & open access availability of your article
- Cataloging & Indexing planned
- Accessibility enhancement & article backup management
Creative Content Development & Post-Publication Promotions
- News & blogs on your article
- Posters/Infographics facility for your article
- Social media promotions and press releases
CURRENT APC FOR QUALITEN JOURNALS
APC for article publication
Service fee is applicable only upon successful acceptance of the article for publication in Qualiten Journals. All Qualiten Journals have same service fee because all articles (irrespective of in which journal it is submitted) require similar quality of service such as submission check, peer review process, production, publication and promotion of article.
For all Qualiten Journals (except Qualiten Rare Diseases), following are APC based on type of articles:
- Original Research, Review, Short Communications, Mini Reviews, Clinical Cases: $1350 USD
- Clinical Images: $650 USD
- Editorial & Commentaries: Free of Cost
- Articles published in Qualiten Rare Diseases Journal: APC is fully waived to promote research in rare diseases and orphan drugs. A full waiver has been possible due to volunteer service and resources provided by dedicated Qualiten Press team and organization. Qualiten Press considers it a social responsibility to promote research and awareness in underserved areas of rare diseases.
- Qualiten Insight Content: Any blog, opinion & other content publication in Qualiten Insight platform (not extensively peer-reviewed) is free of cost. For more details check “Submit to Qualiten Insight”.
INVOICING, PAYMENT & REFUND POLICIES
Secure, flexible & easy payment process
Ease of use, flexibility and security of our Payers information is our priority. Thus, Qualiten Press uses industry standard QuickBooks platform for invoicing and payments. QuickBooks is online accounting platform from Intuit Inc., 38 years old publicly traded American firm. You can have peace of mind working with us.
Qualiten Press sends invoice after production of accepted article at corresponding author’s e-mail address. Invoice contains details of payments including multiple methods of payments available to author. To save planet, we use paperless online invoicing. However, if you or your institute requires paper invoice mailed to you, then write to us directly after you have received paperless invoice in e-mail. We will be happy to send a paper copy to you.
Payment is easy and secure. We provide you receipt of payment as soon as payment is received by Qualiten Press. In case you have questions or you are finding difficulty in processing your payments, please reply to invoice e-mail or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following are the variety of payment methods we accept:
Online Card Payment
- We Accept All Major Card
- Make payment online through Intuit QuickBooks link provided in invoice sent to you
Bank Wire/ACH Transfer
- Send wire directly from your bank to Qualiten Bank
- Our Bank of America account details are provided in Invoice sent to you
- Send Check along with a Copy of Invoice
- Use Beneficiary as “Qualiten Services LLC”
Qualiten Related Information
- For EIN or any other information of Qualiten Services LLC, check the invoice or contact us at email@example.com
Qualiten Press cares about the services it provides, therefore, it sends invoice only after the author has already experienced our process and approved author-proof for publication. Also, all our payment processes, whether online, wire or check, are initiated by authors or its funders. Thus, our payers rarely request a refund after payment is made. However, there are chances (though rare) that author or its funder may have made some payment errors (example, use of wrong credit card) or made excess payment. In those cases, we work with them and refund any erroneous or excess payments.
FEE SUPPORT FOR AUTHORS
APC for article publication
Qualiten Press believes that science and discovery should not be neglected over ability to pay for publishing. Thus, Qualiten Press has multiple initiatives to either fully or partially waive the requirement of APC to authors depending on authors circumstance. Below is a list of fee support provided to our Authors.
Research4Life Member Countries
Reserach4Life is a collective program from United Nations that delivers peer-reviewed academic content to developing countries at reduced to no cost. Research4Life is a combination of five programs Hinari, AGORA, OARE, ARDI and GOALI in five respective fields – Health, Agriculture, Environment, Research Access and Global Justice. Qualiten Press already provides free access to its articles to readers worldwide. Additionally, we waive publication cost of articles published from Research4Life countries.
Below is the list of Research4Life member countries:
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia (Federated States of)
- Papua New Guinea
- Republic of Moldova
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Sudan
- Syrian Arab Republic
- United Republic of Tanzania
Active Duty Military (USA)
Publication fee is waived by 20% for articles by a corresponding author who is a full-time active duty member of any branch of Military in United States of America.
Non-Profit Patient Advocacy Members
Qualiten Press’ motto is to publish open access scholarly content to promote further research and improve the human healthcare. Researchers participating in non-profit patient advocacy groups are directly listening to the needs of patients and probably directing their research resources to help those patients. Thus, we provide 20% waiver to articles published by corresponding authors who are member of any non-profit patent advocacy groups worldwide. If you are an official member of such groups, then please inform us and we will be happy to assist you.
All our official partners – whether universities, institutes, health care service providers, patient advocacy groups, life science companies, service providers or individual partners – receive a 20% waiver in APC. To become a partner, check our “Resources for Partners”.
Additionally, we consider our previous authors, past reviewers and editorial board members as our partners. They automatically receive an APC waiver of 20% for any articles published by them as corresponding author. Also, any official referrals from our partners receive 10% waiver in publication fee.
FREE SERVICES FOR AUTHORS
Authors are benefited by free promotional services
1. Qualiten Insight Services
Qualiten Insight is a supportive platform from Qualiten Press where we publish latest news and analysis, announcements, press releases, infographics, quizzes, humor and job posting without any publication fee.
Qualiten Insight accepts blogs, opinions, infographics, quizzes, humor, job posting, etc. related to science, technology, medicine and healthcare. As guest author, you can submit your content for consideration by completing the online submission form below or by e-mailing us your content directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to Submission page for details on submission, review and publication process at Qualiten Insight.
1.1. Announcements Publication
Publish any announcements related to your research or laboratory such as your webinar, presentation in conference, collaboration or materials requirement for your lab, etc.
1.2. Poster/Infographics Publication
Publish poster/infographics related to articles you have published in Qualiten Journals. Your infographics at Qualiten Insight will be linked with your manuscript published at Qualiten Journal, thus providing easy to read and understand content related with your article. This also improves visibility and impact of your article.
1.3. Job Posting & Hiring
You may submit any job posting or hiring requirement that you may have at your research work. Qualiten Insight is read by a variety of readers and it may help you in accomplishing your hiring goals.
2. Qualiten Gifts to Authors
In honor of contribution towards scholarly content by our authors, we support National Forest Foundation (a non-profit partner of United States Forest Service) in plantation of 10 plants for each article that we publish.
HELP & CONTACTS
Easy ways to find help & support
Qualiten Press publishes scholarly content to foster further innovation and advancements in science, technology and healthcare for public benefit. We are always available to assist you with your requirements and get your feedback. To explore further and stay in touch with us check following:
We have meticulously developed and organized frequently asked questions (FAQs) and their answers to provide clear understanding about our product, services and processes. Browse our FAQs page to find quick answers to your questions.
Major way for us to improve, innovate and provide a top-notch experience is by listening to our authors, editors, reviewers and readers. We collect testimonials from our Twitter and Facebook Testimonials pages. We receive testimonials directly through E-mails and other modes of communication. Check our Testimonials compiled from multiple platforms. Our testimonials talk about our work and we look forward to working with you and maintaining a long-term professional relationship.
If you have used our products and services, we would like to invite you to submit your feedback. Please visit our Twitter or Facebook Testimonials pages to provide your Testimonials.
3. Subscribe Alerts
We send newsletters to our users with their consent to inform them about latest scientific discoveries and updates on our website at a frequency chosen by them. You can also manage notifications to get alerted based on your specific interests.
Your contact information is never sold to any third party and used only for the purpose of providing you Qualiten related information that might be useful to you and your work. Check our flexible Subscribe Alerts options.
4. Contact Us
Our team is committed to learn about your needs and provide appropriate answers to your queries. We believe in providing solutions and building a stronger relationship through our professional and timely communication. Contact us with your questions. We will be happy to assist you.